Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Daring Bakers: Sugar Cookies

The September 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Mandy of “What the Fruitcake?!” Mandy challenged everyone to make Decorated Sugar Cookies based on recipes from Peggy Porschen and The Joy of Baking.


This was my first Daring Bakers challenge, which I completed with DB veteran The Uber-Blonde. The theme for this challenge was "September", and the cookies had to be decorated in a way that represented September to you. Easily done for us - yesterday was the bump out for the pantomime we were just in! Needless to say, the cast liked having biscuits with quotes from the show, double rainbows, and in-jokes. NOT TO MENTION THEY WERE DELICIOUS.


I'd really like to do these again, looking at the pictures on the webpage some of them are INCREDIBLE. And I like to talk up my artistic talent, particularly when its also edible :)



These were my cookies - my favourites are the MiS: ARC (Macbeth in Space: A Romantic Comedy) and "My delicious radish of knowledge". 

The recipe for sugar cookies can be found here





2 comments:

Suz said...

Great cookies! What a fantastic idea. I hope the show went well. :)

Congratulations on your first challenge & welcome to the Daring Bakers!

Tara said...

I can vouch for their deliciousness! And their adorableness for that matter :) love you!