Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Sweet Potato Biscuits

I hate hot cross buns.

You heard me.

I also hate coffee and Christmas cake. So sue me.

These were my hot cross bun substitute, and I enjoyed them very much. Thats why the photo is so unimaginative, because I was too busy eating. Facts! Enjoy them.



SWEET POTATO BISCUITS
Makes 24
Total time commitment: 15 minutes active, 15 minutes cooking
Recipe from The Kitchn

2 cups flour
85g butter, cubed
1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed
1/2 cup buttermilk

1. Preheat oven to 180C. Put flour in a bowl and cut in the cubes of butter until they are little pebbles of butter.

2. In a separate bowl, combine sweet potato and buttermilk. Add to the flour and butter mixture, and form into a ball.

3. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat out to about 2.5cm/1 inch thickness. Don't use a rolling pin or you'll RUIN EVERYTHING.

4. Cut into circles with a cookie cutter or use a knife and make squares. Whatever floats your boat. If you do circles, roll up the scraps and pat out again and just keep making circles until its all gone.

5. Place the biscuits on a tray and bake for 10-15 minutes. Delicious.

No comments: