Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Gingerbread Cuffins with Cream Cheese Icing

Do you ever get to that stage where you know you've had a recipe bookmarked for ages, but its not until you finally get around to making it that you see how embarrassingly long it has been there for? I realised when I finally got around to purchasing all of the ingredients yesterday that Sian published this recipe in December 2009. Gracious me. I had been planning to make these yesterday, but then my friend who I haven't seen in almost a year (disgraceful!) came over with cupcakes and we had a grand old time which meant I needed to devote the rest of my afternoon to uni work. So instead when I woke up at 8 this morning after having a terrible sleep, I made these for breakfast. Also I can highly recommend the uncooked mixture as one of the more delicious things I have eaten.

Sorry, family members who think I am responsible. It gave me the boost I need to write more of my essay! That counts as responsibility!



I'm still not sure whether to call them cupcakes or muffins... I feel like cupcakes are terribly dainty and adorable and celebratory, and the spices in these make me want to call them muffins. I think the fact that it is cream cheese icing, which must be healthy because its used on carrot cake and that is a cake with CARROTS in it so +50 health points, has swayed me to the "muffin" side. Even though I know what is in cream cheese icing now and its essentially butter icing with cream cheese. Cupcake muffins. Cuffins.




GINGERBREAD CUFFINS WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING
Makes 10 large, muffin-sized serves
Total time commitment: About 40 minutes, including 20 minutes cooking time
Recipe from Monster Girl Writes

1/2 cup SR flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp bicarb soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
100g butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp golden syrup

Preheat oven to 170C. Combine dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients and mix together. Spoon into cupcake liners and bake until springy and golden.

While cooking, combine the following:
30g butter
50g cream cheese
2/3 cup icing sugar

When the cupcakes are done, take them out of the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before icing them. Lovely!



1 comment:

Ellie said...

Argh I posted a comment but it screwed up. Laaaame.

Good post. Gost! I love that video, it's so great. Liam and I watched like ten of them the other day and laughed so much.

And this recipe looks incredible, I really have to try it some time!!