Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pumpkin Gnocchi


I made regular potato gnocchi one when I still lived with mum and dad, and it was a disaster. So I didn't have high hopes for the pumpkin gnocchi, but it was lovely and simple and helped me finish the six kilos of pumpkin! This is one of the many, many recipes I've bookmarked from Closet Cooking. It helps if you have an entire pumpkin cooked, mashed and frozen in portions in the freezer, I'm just putting that one out there.

I made this once with a white sauce, and then froze the rest of the gnocchi and cooked it last night with a tomato sauce. Both were perfectly acceptable.



PUMPKIN GNOCCHI

2 cups cooked, mashed pumpkin
2 cups plain flour

1. Mix together

2. Flour the bench and roll out a handful of the dough into a sausage shape

3. Cut it up into bite-size pieces. Do this for all the dough.

4. Cook the gnocchi in boiling water until it rises to the top of the saucepan

5. If you want to freeze some, squirrel it away now! If not, eat it with all its delicious goodness.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, it's Alysha! I have no idea how this wordpress/blogspot linky thing works so I figure introductions are in order.

THIS IS BRILLIANT! I must try this with some kind of gluten free flour, I'm not sure what the best kind is for pasta but that's what google is for! I miss gnocchi like you wouldn't believe omg it's my favourite ever.