Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Three Cheese Risotto


I admit it. As absolutely, blissfully simple as this dish is, there is no way I was able to make risotto look sexy (or even just plain appetising), so I have stolen this picture from Big Bites Little Bites. And now that I look at it - their risotto is in the microwave, WHAT


THREE CHEESE RISOTTO 
from Not Quite Nigella

1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1 1/2 cups cheese (I use grated Tasty and Parmesan and crumbed fetta)
4 cups vegetable stock

1. Heat the stock while you grate the cheese so that it is hot.

2. Put the rice and cheese into a baking dish. Mix them about a bit. (I KNOW, A BAKING DISH? Surely you must be crazy, Emily! I assure you, dear little apple, that I am not. Bear with me)

3. Pour over the hot stock

4. Cover the dish with alfoil and place in the oven that you clearly preheated to 200C for 40 minuten.

Mine still comes out a bit runny, but that doesn't make it taste any less delicious, let me tell you. I tried adding mushrooms and other vegetables but the troops protested. Hopefully you have more luck, let me know if you find a splendid variation!

1 comment:

Monster Girl said...

*bookmarks in recipe file*