Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Cinnabons

Dear body,

I am sorry for putting you through eating five of these, although that does only equate to one regular Cinnabon. I promise I will only ever make these once a year at the most, and will definitely never make them again the day after I have takeaway pizza. I think I put on weight just re-reading the ingredients. Please don't die on me!

E x



CINNABONS
Recipe from GroupRecipes

7g dry yeast
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
4 cups flour
----------------------------
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, melted
----------------------------
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1/4 cup cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Dough

1. Dissolve the yeast in the milk

2. Add the rest of the ingredients from section A to form a dough

3. Knead the dough into a ball, and leave to rise until it has doubled in size

4. Roll out the dough to a long rectangle, roughly 0.5cm thick

5. Preheat oven to 180C

Filling


1. Spread the melted butter over the dough. Use your hands, it won't kill you!

2. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it over the butter. Mmmm, calorific!

3. Roll the dough into a scroll. The best tip I found for this was from Pioneer Woman, to use a typewriter-style technique and roll from left to right, then right to left, then left to right. Like how you have to type to the end of the page and then push the typewriter thing back.

4. Cut the dough into thick slices and place into a lightly greased baking dish. At this stage, I refrigerated it because I was making them as a surprise breakfast, and they worked out fine! Otherwise, continue on your merry way and put them in the oven.

Topping


1. Combine the ingredients from section C and beat with an electric mixer until they are light and fluffy.

2. When the rolls are out of the oven, and still warm, cover them in the topping. It will get all melty and delicious and give you a heart attack, so I suggest sharing them between six or so people.

1 comment:

Monster Girl said...

*adds to recipe file* :)