Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Daring Bakers: Donuts

The October 2010 Daring Bakers challenge was hosted by Lori of Butter Me Up. Lori chose to challenge DBers to make doughnuts. She used several sources for her recipes including Alton Brown, Nancy Silverton, Kate Neumann and Epicurious.




As The Boy can attest, for the past year every. single. time I smell cinnamon, I want hot donuts. As much as the prospect of flavoured donuts delighted me, I needed to have your standard, run-of-the-mill cinnamon donut. Like last month, I did this with The Uber-Blonde, and we had a delightful time in her new kitchen baking (and then nomming down). 


I'm also tagging this in "baking basics" - hopefully I'll modify this sometime soon and get some more delicious donut treats for you. Also, I'm headed to Sydney tomorrow night for three days so excuse me if the blogging is a bit sporadic!






No comments: