Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pasta al Diavolo

This is based on the pasta dish I had at the Uber Blonde's 21st last night (Happy birthday, my sensuous peahen!), and Miss Italia has just informed me that "diavolo" means "devil". Which explains why it was so spicy, so I hope everyone enjoyed that little Italian lesson.

Its Production Week Take Two this week - after Panto finished, I thought I was free, but one of my theatre units is backstage work for a production and its production week this week. Not quite as crazy as Panto (I don't anticipate any 3am finishes, let alone two!), but it does mean that I'm going to spend this week pulling a Nigella every night! And you know what? I'm okay with that. I'm a uni student, after all. The fact that I'm not  resorting to a week of Mi Goreng is impressive. I saved some of this for lunch tomorrow, I am excited!

PASTA AL DIAVOLO


1 chorizo sausage
10 mushrooms or so
Crushed garlic
500g fettuccine
Parmesan cheese
Chilli flakes
Jalapenos (if you're game!)
1 jar stir-through pasta sauce (I used Leggo's Tomato, Olive and Chilli)

1. While the water is coming to the boil for the pasta, chop up the mushrooms and chorizo and put some garlic and olive oil in a pan

2. Cook the pasta at the same time as you fry the chorizo and mushrooms. MULTITASKING, YO.

3. Drain the pasta, put it back in the saucepan, and pour the pasta sauce, chorizo and mushroom on top of it. Add some jalapenos and shakes of chilli flakes and mix it all about.

4. Serve with some parmesan sprinkled over the top - it softens the blow of the chilli a little!

No comments: